The full Senate is expected to vote as early as Monday on the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett for the US Supreme Court. Barring any last-minute revelations, Barrett is expected to win the nomination to the High Court, making her the 5th female Associate Justice.
PoliticalIQ polls show Barrett has support of Likely Voters in Battleground States across the US. The surveys, conducted by Scott Rasmussen, show 43% of these voters approve of Barrett. She is opposed by an average of 35%. The polls have a margin of error of 3.5%.
In terms of favorability, a Battleground average of 42% view Barrett as either Very or Somewhat Favorable. 31% find her Very or Somewhat Unfavorable. If confirmed, Barrett would become the 3rd Supreme Court Justice appointed by President Trump.
PoliticalIQ will have its second poll on how the Presidential race is shaping up in the Key State of Florida sometime tomorrow.
|State||View Very/Somewhat Favorably||View Very/Somewhat Unfavorably|
The survey of 800 Likely Voters in each of the Battleground States (IA, WI, AZ, CO, MI, PA, NC, FL) was conducted by Scott Rasmussen in October 2020. Field work for the survey was conducted by RMG Research, Inc. Most respondents were randomly selected from a list of Registered Voters and contacted via text or through a process of Random Digital Engagement. A total of 111 were contacted using automated phone polling techniques. The Likely Voter sample was derived from a larger sample of Registered Voters using screening questions and other factors. Certain quotas were applied to the larger sample and lightly weighted by geography, gender, age, race, education, and political party to reasonably reflect the state’s population of Registered Voters. Other variables were reviewed to ensure that the final sample is representative of that population.
The margin of sampling error for the full sample is +/- 3.5 percentage points.
More State Polls from PoliticalIQ
- As the gun control debate stalls, Medicaid becomes an unlikely tool to fight violence
- In Texas, Officials Are Reporting A Surge In Migrants At The Southern Border This Week
- Senators slow Biden with holds at Pentagon, State
- Democratic tax plan is a reckoning for the left
- FDA Panel to Weigh Covid Booster Shots
- Trillions Of Dollars Can Be Raised By Closing Tax Loopholes, Sen. Sanders Says
- Pelosi vs. everybody: Dems’ high-wire health care act
- Sanders 'disappointed' in House panel's vote on drug prices